Pam Reit: helping others make beautiful music

Pam Reit: helping others make beautiful music

By Phyl Newbeck Pam Reit has been playing the violin since the age of eight. “I always enjoyed it and I always wanted to be part of a team,” she said. “I wanted to be an orchestra player.” Reit was able to follow her dream by being a member of the Vermont Youth Orchestra (VYO)… Read More »

Hinesburg library will have blood pressure monitors in 2015

The Vermont Department of Health is working with a network of 12 libraries statewide, including the Carpenter-Carse Library in Hinesburg, to make blood pressure monitors available to borrow for up to a month, beginning in January 2015. Library staff will also offer borrowers the ability to record and track readings. Making the monitors available is… Read More »

Letter to the Editor

Awaiting Selectboard response on fluoride in water supply On Oct. 20 I hand-delivered the following letter to each member of the Hinesburg Selectboard at their monthly meeting. To date, I have not received a reply, nor did any of the members present voice any opinion concerning my letter, the substance of which follows. The chemical fluoride… Read More »

Milestones

Births Charlotte residents Joe and Emily Donegan had a son, Dominick Thomas Donegan, on Nov. 25, 2014 at home. Siblings Patrick and Franklin Donegan welcomed Dominick to the family. Jennifer (Cooper) and Kurt Hunt of Charlotte had a son, Henry Porter Hunt, on Oct. 10 at Samaritan Hospital, Watertown, N.Y. Charlotte residents Marley (Donaldson) and… Read More »

Wage classification, budget discussions dominate Charlotte Selectboard

By Robin Reid The Charlotte Selectboard meeting of Dec. 8 began with another work session on the Wage Classification Program. Selectman Ellie Russell went over implementation policy edits as the Selectboard continued towards final policy language. Lister Betsi Oliver questioned an adjustment lowering Chief Lister Betsy Tegatz to a lower grade on the grid followed… Read More »

Shopping in Charlotte and Hinesburg with Chea

Shopping in Charlotte  and Hinesburg with Chea

By Chea Waters Evans Time is getting short, and the panic might be creeping in, but don’t worry. I’m happy to report that there are still so many places left in the neighborhood where we can shop. So get out there! Point Bay Marina It may seem cruel to give someone a lift vest or… Read More »

Hanukkah celebrations around town

Hanukkah celebrations around town

ASIG hosts Hanukkah service All Souls Interfaith Gathering has scheduled a Hanukkah service on Sunday, Dec. 14 at 5pm. Community members are encouraged to attend the celebration known as the Festival of Lights at 291 Bostwick Farm Road in Shelburne. Call the ASIG office at (802) 985-3819 for more information. Hanukkah celebrated with giant menorah… Read More »

The Festival of Lights begins Dec. 16

The Festival of Lights  begins Dec. 16

The celebration of the Festival of Lights begins on Tuesday, Dec. 16 at sundown. Officially the Hanukkah observance begins on the 25th day of the Hebrew month of Kislev, but the starting date on the secular calendar varies from year to year. The holiday celebrates the events that took place over 2,300 years ago in… Read More »