Letters to the Editor

Hinesburg trails committee chair urges residents to support scoping study I would like to provide a correction and some amplification to The Citizen’s coverage of my presentation to the Hinesburg Selectboard on Nov. 17. As yet, there are no “plans to begin a scoping study on the land offered to the town by David Carse.”… Read More »

Hinesburg DRB inches closer to town rec fields creation

By Gail Callahan The creation of town recreation fields inched closer as the Hinesburg Development Review Board (DRB) began its review of the current application (Sketch Plan Version 2) for Haystack Crossing, an 84-acre undeveloped property south of Shelburne Falls Road on the west side of Route 116, proposed by Blackrock Construction. The current application… Read More »

Shopping in Charlotte and Hinesburg with Chea

Shopping in Charlotte  and Hinesburg with Chea

By Chea Waters Evans Did you think we were finished? There’s so much more to discover about shopping locally, and so many more unique items to keep our local economy going. Show your friends and family that you care enough about them to hand-select the perfect gift. Vermont Smoke and Cure I was not the… Read More »

Hinesburg’s indoor farmers’ market returns Saturday United Church of Hinesburg Bazaar on tap too

A cornucopia of goodies, crafts, and farm produce start off the holiday season for shoppers when the traditional gathering of vendors sets up shop in Hinesburg’s Town Hall Saturday, Nov. 22 from 9am-1pm. Sponsored by the Hinesburg Lions Club, the doors open wide promptly at 9am to entice early celebrants in to check out this… Read More »

Hinesburg residents reminded about water main flushing

The water mains throughout the Hinesburg water system will be flushed between 8:30am and 4:30pm on Monday and Tuesday, Nov. 24 and Nov. 25. Residents can expect discolored water, so use care with laundry and run water until it clears after 4:30pm. Discolored water does not pose a health risk. Please direct questions about the… Read More »

Letters to the Editor

Support Let’s Grow Kids I am writing in support of the Let’s Grow Kids campaign which aims to raise public awareness of the importance of quality early childhood experiences for all Vermont kids. In my work, I see how important it is for families to be connected through social and educational opportunities. Families who feel… Read More »

DoubleTree offers free holiday lodging for families: Family members visiting infirm relatives qualify

The DoubleTree by Hilton Burlington is offering free lodging to relatives of patients staying in area hospitals and nursing homes during the Thanksgiving and Christmas holidays. Persons traveling more than 50 miles to visit hospitalized family members may receive complimentary overnight accommodations Nov. 25, 26, 27, and 28 and Dec. 23, 24, 25, and 26 at… Read More »

Do the Turkey Trot in Hinesburg Nov. 30

Louise Roomet, a Hinesburg resident, loved to walk a popular 4.25-mile loop and share the beauty of the Lewis Creek landscape with her neighbors, friends, and dogs. Roomet’s enjoyment of this special part of Hinesburg led to her initial organization of the Hinesburg Land Trust fundraiser, the Turkey Lane Trot. The Trot, established in 1997… Read More »